Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 13 - Your Body


Day 13 - Your opinion about your body and how comfortable you are with it.

My body is temporary. It changes every day. I accept the fact that I am no longer as skinny as I was as a child and that I can no longer shop in the Juniors section. Hip-hugging jeans are no longer an option.  

My body will continue to change, weight fluctuating from one place to another and from one size to another.  I will work at staying in a healthy weight range, but it will only become more difficult as I age.  

My hair will become stark white, not the beautiful silver I hope for (as evidenced by all of the older ex-redheads I know now).  My skin will lose it's battle to gravity and yet it will bunch up into wrinkles at the same time.  Hopefully I have more smile wrinkles than frown ones. 

If I ever become pregnant, my body will no longer be mine alone.  

My body is temporary and constantly changing.

My body is not who I am. My soul is. There is a quote by C.S. Lewis:


My body does not define me.  I don't live my life in an attempt to control my body's shape or weight, but to take charge of my soul.  

My soul is eternal.  My body is temporary. 

2 Corinthians 4:18 - "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

My soul is eternal. My body is temporary. 
I fix my eyes on what is unseen because it will be with me forever.  

One day I will die and my body will become dirt.  But my soul? 

My soul will shine in the presence of the Light of the World (John 8:12),
My soul will sing songs of praise to the God who rejoices over me with singing (Zephaniah 3:17).
My soul will rest in the company of He who promised rest for all (Matthew 11:28).
My soul will rejoice for the One who rejoiced over me when I was found (Luke 15:6, 9, and 32).
My soul will approach the throne of grace with confidence (Hebrew 4:16).

My soul will never meet its end, but it will meet its Maker.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...