Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Beauty

Yesterday evening my beautiful sister-in-law and I went to see the OKC ballet perform Swan Lake. It was the first time OKC has produced this particular ballet, it was the first time for either of us to see it (and it has been on Becky's Bucket List for a while), and it was my first time to ever see a ballet. We bought these tickets almost six months ago and the anticipation has been building ever since. Needless to say I was excited!

I fretted over what to wear. Thinking it more acceptable to be over-dressed than under-dressed, I chose my LBD, nude pumps and purse, and paired it with bright red lipstick. I'm not sure I would do that combination again, especially the lipstick, but it was good for one night, and now I know.

Becky looked gorgeous in a pink dress, black tights, and black booties. Here's a picture of us at her house before heading to the Civic Center.


I have no other pictures of the evening for two reasons: (1) We weren't allowed to take pictures of the performance, and (2) pictures wouldn't do it justice anyway. 

It was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. At one point it literally took my breath away. 

I texted my husband during one of the intermissions to tell him "I feel like my soul is being cleansed and rejuvenated by being here. I'm a better person for having witnessed this."

Now, maybe that seems like an over-reaction to some of you, and that's okay. For me, it isn't. I have always wanted to be one of those people that regularly attend the ballet, opera, and plays (Broadway or not), so this evening felt like a dream come true. 

I can't wait for next season, and desperately wish to purchase season tickets. I know that I will attend at least one though, and it will most likely be Beauty and the Beast. It is wonderful to have that to look forward to, and heart-breaking that it is almost a year away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...