Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Seasons

I don't like my job. I don't think this is much of a surprise to anyone, but in case you didn't know, now you do. 

It's just not what I want to do with my life. And to be honest, I'm not sure what I want to do with my life, which is frustrating. 

Well, I think I know, but I can't do it right now, so ...

I would like to be a stay at home wife. Yeah, I know, who does that anymore? 

Maybe I watched too much "I Love Lucy" as a kid, but seriously, I think taking care of my home and my husband would be a full time job that I would enjoy and feel fulfilled in, but like I said, I can't do that right now, if ever. 

I need to work and contribute an income to my home, so I work. 

I'm in a season of life with my job that feels like winter, when I want to be in spring.

http://trivialdevotion.blogspot.com/2012/04/ecclesiastes-38-time-to-hate.html

Have you ever felt this way?

I mean, I'm very happy and satisfied in other areas of my life, but in my career, I'm simply waiting. 

And I'm learning to be content in the waiting. In the uncertainty. In the wanting

Instead of complaining, which I have done PLENTY of, I'm choosing to accept it. 

Complaining doesn't change the situation I'm in or make it any easier to bear. It just makes it more miserable. It makes others miserable too. 

So instead of doing that, I'm going to accept it. Accept the blessings. 

You heard me. Blessings. 

Even in this winter season, I am blessed. I have a job, a source of income. I have no physical or mental barriers to working. I don't have a physically demanding or emotionally demeaning occupation. I am paid a reasonable salary and my rights are protected. I don't have to put myself in danger or sell my body to earn an income. And my current job is paying for me to go to graduate school (in exchange for a four year work commitment).

I am blessed, even now, even here, even in this season of my life. 

http://www.littleseedblog.com/2011/03/ecclesiastes-3.html

And I'm choosing to trust Him in this season. 

________________





Switching gears....

I really wanted to work the following picture into this post because I think it is very relevant to the topic, but I'm just not feeling very eloquent right now.... so I'm just going to post it below.  :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...