Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sulphur

This past weekend I visited my love's grandparents in Sulphur with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law.  

We left as soon as we got off work on Friday which meant we had to pack and everything (everything meaning I insisted on cleaning the inside of the car with armor-all and a vacuum) on Thursday night.  We got it all done though.

It wasn't a very long drive and everything went well.  My love has a strong sense of direction so we hardly ever get lost when he's behind the wheel.  My driving is a totally different story.

We arrived and each couple had their own room.  We ate a delicious dinner and chatted before watching some of the Olympic sports.  Then it was off to bed!

The next morning we ate another delicious meal. Grandparents sure do know how to cook!

We visited the Chickasaw Cultural Center where I learned many things that I didn't know before.  The Chickasaw tribe has a beautiful, though often tragic (ex: Trail of Tears), heritage.  Although, in my humble opinion, if a museum doesn't have a pressed penny machine, it's not a real museum, lol, jk.

We drove through Sulphur Spring and visited the Nature Center there.  I hadn't been there in years and it brought back a lot of happy memories.

We then went back to their house for lunch and quickly had to leave for other plans.  The drive back went just as well as the drive there.

The only downside was coming home to a 99 degree house.  You heard me right! 99 degrees! Learned my lesson about leaving the AC off for a full day.  Yikes!

My love and I left the house to eat out just so we could let the AC do its job and cool the house down.  It was barely below 90 when we got back and didn't get below 80 until midnight.  Oh well.  Lesson learned.

So yep, that was our weekend.  A wonderful time spent with new family and exploring new-to-me cultures.  A great weekend if I do say so myself! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...