Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Racer's Football

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My husband went to elementary and middle school in a small town whose school mascot is the Racers. I make fun of him all the time for this because I think it's ridiculous that a team's mascot isn't a person or an animal. I guess they could mean the race car driver, but they don't; they mean the car.

Well this Tuesday one of our Reverb Youth Group member's, who just so happens to go to Racer's school, had a middle school football game and we went to show our support.

I was very excited to go to a football game that wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg. We hung out with youth pastor and one of his daughters and watched the game. They didn't win, but our guy did recover a fumble and had his name announced on the loud speaker. I thought that was really cool.

Oh, and my husband was acting like an old man the entire night because he just couldn't believe all the changes that had happened since he left the school. The entire athletic portion had been rebuilt: a new gym, new football field and a giant new TV to show the game on. It really was one of the nicest non-college/professional football fields that I've been to in Oklahoma. Who am I kidding? It's THE nicest one I've ever been to, but I don't go to these things much, so that might not be saying much.

And here's some pictures to prove it's true, because after all, "Shinns aren't liars; they're leg bones!"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...