Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Work Day and District Event

Saturday October 20, 2012

We woke up early on Saturday to head to our church for a work day. We have never participated in one of these before and didn't know what to expect, except that there would be both indoor and outdoor work to do (I asked beforehand, because I can't do outdoor stuff with my allergies in high gear like they are). Well, we arrived and immediately dived right in: TJ began helping with building a fence and I went inside to help paint the foyer. 

All of the work went quickly and I enjoyed getting to spend time with the other women. I know TJ enjoyed working with the men and the two teens who showed up to help. Also, we got pizza at the end which was an unexpected bonus! :) 

Afterwards we went home. TJ played video games and I read a book and took a nap. I didn't set an alarm, not thinking that I would sleep long. Apparently, I was wrong. TJ woke me up at 6 pm and I really don't know when I went to sleep, but I think I slept for at least 4 hours. I must have been having a slightly scary dream because when I woke up and TJ's face was so close to mine, I backed up and told him, "You scare me!" I'm laughing as I write this just thinking about it. It took me about fifteen minutes to fully wake up and realize I wasn't dreaming any more. 

After I did finally wake up completely TJ and I played Black Ops together. This usually ends badly as I am not good at it and I get upset easily, but I stuck with it this time. I ended the night with a high kill rate of 13 (which is good considered my first few games were 4 or 5). 

We watched part of Hunger Games and fell asleep.


Sunday October 21, 2012


Sunday we woke up and went to church as normal. We went to the youth Sunday school to be extra sets of ears and eyes. We went to the regular church service and learned about God's mercies. We had expected to go on a couples lunch with a few other couples from the church, but it was cancelled due to an illness and a birthday party. 

We did end up going to lunch with some friends at TJ's favorite restaurant ... Buffalo Wild Wings!

After lunch we hung out at our friends' house for a couple of hours, although it went by much quicker. We had a youth event to attend that night, our District's Youth Event. For this particular event, we went to a local college to play games, hear the speaker (Vince Carter) and eat pizza before heading to the bowling alley to play a few games. 

It was a lot of fun, especially the bowling. The entire bowling alley was rented out for our event, which meant we could have fewer people to each lane, making each game go faster. I really enjoyed it and I got my highest score ever (that I can remember). 


I took tons of pictures for our Youth Groups FB page, but I won't put them here because I don't have permission from all of the teens' parents. But here are some of the adults and babies!

TJ and Payton

Myself, Payton, Brooklyn, and Mariah

Myself, TJ, Mariah holding Payton, Justin holding Brooklyn, and LaDawna

Mariah and myself

Myself and LaDawna

TJ and Me!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...