Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Another Weekly Wrap Up

Sunday October 28, 2012
I didn't get home from talking with Sarah until 2 am, so I didn't go to church this Sunday. TJ went and afterwards we met some friends from out of town for lunch at our favorite chinese restaurant.

TJ and me!

Heather, me, and Karen - Just the girls :)

The menfolk - They didn't care for posing.

All of us together + our dirty dishes.

When he came home TJ wasn't feeling well at all. We were supposed to go to our church's Trunk or Treat event, but we stayed home and rested instead. TJ felt so much better the next day :)


Monday October 29, 2012

So on that day that I scoured our city's website for things to do during the month of October, I came across Haunt the Zoo. Honestly, I don't remember ever hearing about this before, but apparently it happens every year.

A couple of people at work had taken their kids before and warned that it can be very crowded, but is still a good time.  I immediately wanted to take my younger SIL! :)

The line was crazy long, but once the doors opened, it went very quickly. 

I'm Minnie Mouse, Emily is an overzealous OU fan, and TJ is an LWM employee. 

Minnie and LWM worker-man

Emily and her ticket to Haunt the Zoo


The zoo was very well equipped with lots of photo props and backgrounds. It was a lot of fun to stop at each place and snap a quick pic.


I told Emi to look scared and she did a great job! 
That robotic spider was kind of creepy for real though.

They had several other activities other than just getting candy including: sand art and glow-in-the-dark tattoos. And places to grab snacks or souvenirs like cotton candy or glow sticks. 

Emily doing sand art. 

It was a lot of fun over all, although I'm not sure I could handle the crowd with a small child. So glad we got to take Emi though!


Tuesday October 30, 2012


This was the one day of last week that we didn't have anything planned and could just enjoy each other's company. We decided to rent a couple more Halloween themed movies: Hocus Pocus and Lady in the Water.

This is just a halloween classic in my opinion. 
Although I almost can't stand to see SJP pretending to be so ditzy. 

Ok, so I have no idea why this was in the Halloween section, but I'm glad it was. 
I really love this movie. It's such an original fairy tale. 
Also, it shares a title with TJ's proposal song. 

Welp, that's all for Monday and Tuesday. Thanks for catching up with us!

Wednesday October 31, 2012

We spent Halloween 2012 with some of our favorite people -- the youth group at church! :) We learned what Jesus and a Jack O'Lantern have in common and watched teens eat tons of candy and candied apples.

We also played the Couch Game for the first time. It's hard to explain, but it's a lot of fun. I totally cheated to get the girls to win, but I just had to see if it could ever end. We were kind of in an eternal loop of never-ending chair switching.

I didn't take any pictures. :(

Thursday November 1, 2012

TJ has band practice that evening and I went to a spa-themed birthday party for a friend. A friend of mine recently purchased a home with a gorgeously large bath tub and invited us all to take (individual) detox baths, use mud masks, eat yummy foods, and create crafts. I didn't ask what the recipe was for the detox bath or I would post it here. Sorry!

I had so much fun with these friends, like always! :)

Here are the crafts we made!

A silver and teal message board. 

A turquoise (I know it looks blue) jewelry organizer

Friday November 2, 2012

Friday we went out to dinner to Ted's. A simple dinner date. :)

Saturday November 3, 2012

Saturday we both tried to sleep in, but failed as usual.  

I visited a flea market and an estate sale. Didn't buy anything, but had fun looking around. 

We also rented a Redbox movie: Safety Not Guaranteed 


We both liked it, but felt it didn't feel like the story was completed by the end of the movie. 


Well, that was our week. :) Thanks for listening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...