Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up

Sunday November 4, 2012

On Sunday we went to church, like usual, and went to the adult Sunday School, which isn't usual. We are normally helping with the teens, but we are intentionally seeking to learn and be fed for a period of time so we chose to surround ourselves with older adult couples. It was very refreshing to not be in the leadership position and to simply be open to the Word. We very much enjoyed it.

After service, TJ had band practice for a gig he had on Tuesday [more details on Tuesday]. I took a wonderful nap.

I spent a lot of time on Monday reading so that I could finish my Book Club book, Everything We Ever Wanted [more details on Tuesday].

Monday November 5, 2012

Monday night I went to an event for the Aegis Element, which seeks to end human trafficking, also known as the sex slave trade. Please visit their website and educate yourself not only on the problem but how you can be part of the solution.

This occasion was also the motivation for my first attempt at Live Tweeting, which is when you tweet an event while it is happening. If you have a twitter account, simply search for #TheAegisElement and you'll see all of my tweets from that evening.

Here is a picture of me with Sarah, one of the co-founders of The Aegis Element, my co-traveler to Vietnam in 2008, and a dear friend. I am blessed to know her and to witness the many ways that she is making the world a better place. Love you Sarah!

Tuesday November 6, 2012

This was no small day. This was ELECTION DAY!! We, the American people, cast our votes and Barack Obama was elected for another four year term. No, I will not share who I voted for, but I will say that as an American, I will respect the choice of my fellow Americans and recognize Obama as our country's leader.

This totally looks like I'm pointing at my boob,
but I'm really pointing at my "I Voted!" sticker
Also, it appears that I have no bottom teeth :(

This was also the evening of my very first Book Club! :) I had no idea who else was going to be there, but it turned out to be all older women, except the librarian who hosted, who was a young, redhead like me. We all discussed Sara Shepherd's (she wrote the Pretty, Little Liars series) Everything We Ever Wanted.



I'll save my review for another post, but just know that I very much enjoyed the book club experience. I can't wait for next month's meeting, after we read Major Pettigrew's Last Stand.



After the book party, I drove over to TJ's work place where he was playing in a band for an election watch party. My husband's boss campaigned for a seat on our state senate, and won! It was my first every watch party for someone running, and I enjoyed it. I loved hearing TJ play.

TJ is in the back, and the lights were so bright, this is the best picture I got. 


Wednesday November 7, 2012

On this night, TJ went to church to help with the youth group. I stayed home to work on a project. The teen group went to Orange Leaf after service and I loved seeing all of the pictures on Instagram. TJ was so sweet and brought me home a soda.


Thursday November 8, 2012


Early in the afternoon we got word that TJ's grandparents were in town and wanted to go to dinner with us and TJ's sister and husband. It was so wonderful to see them all! Even though I live in the same city as my SIL, we don't get to see each other that often, which makes me sad :( Hopefully we can schedule more SIL dates soon! :) 

Just the ladies! :) 

Everyone all together! :)

We met everyone for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Teds! I tried their chicken nachos for the first time and they were sooo yummy, although the portion size was much too much for me!




Friday November 9, 2012

On Friday I went to another event at my local library called Learn to Knit with my friend Misty. It is EXACTLY what it sounds like. We were both happily surprised that there were many younger women there too. It was a lot of fun and we both went home with some yarn and new knowledge. :)

Me and my teacher, Catherine

A start of something...



Saturday November 10, 2012

I was so very excited for Saturday to get here so I could watch some OU Volleyball! Few people know this, but I LOVE volleyball!! It started when I played for my college my freshman year. I was absolutely horrible at it then! (I'm not nearly as bad now.) At our last match I finally had a chance to just sit an watch others play and I just loved it. 

Well, Saturday happens to be Fan Appreciation Day, so the game is free.

Problem: It's also game day for football. All of the roads I needed were blocked off or turned around, so I never actually made it there. Oh well, more time to get other stuff done I guess. :)

4 comments:

  1. Let's figure out when to hangout! Can't wait for Twilight friday! Hopefully there isn't a line and we can have drinks when we get off work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, let's plan our next hang out date while we're waiting for the movie. :) I'm really curious to see how they're changing it from the book. I hope we all like it! :) Yay, drinks and movies!!

      Delete
  2. Love the picture of you and Sarah. Two of my very best friends, in the same picture :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...