Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Giving Thanks - Day 6

Stop reading this.

Seriously stop it.

You can't can you? You can't just see the letters and not read the words? You can't make yourself un-learn how to read.

I'm thankful for the ability to read.

There was a time when as a girl I wouldn't have had access to an education. I can't imagine that.

I once was a tutor for a girl with a seizure disorder. It made it difficult for her to learn even the basics, including reading, because a seizure could hit at any time and she would lose it all. She once described to me how much she wanted to be able to read and it has stuck with me ever since. I had always taken it for granted that everyone knew how to read, but not everyone has that opportunity.

I love to read and can't imagine my life without it.

I'm thankful that I can read.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...