Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

A Week in the Life of the Shinns

I've fallen behind, so I'm going to put a few days in the same blog.  :)

Monday October 22, 2012

You can read about Monday here

Tuesday October 23, 2012

According to our city's website VisitNorman.com, there is a local museum where admission is free every Tuesday. What I didn't realize was that they close at 5 pm on Tuesdays. I got all the way there and had nothing to do, so I improvised. 

I ended up at a Starbucks, drinking a large (yes, I ordered a large... I can never remember their fancy names for things) iced green tea, no sweetener please, and reading the latest issue of Psychology Today (love it!). It was very pleasant and I think I'll do it again soon, but maybe try out a different coffee place. 

Wednesday October 24, 2012

This was a normal Wednesday for us. We both went to work and then straight to church afterwards. We have a new girl in the youth band and we all got to hear her pretty voice for the first time (as part of the band) that night. So pretty!

Afterwards we (the youth group) went to Orange Leaf, which we do every other week. I got my usual Chocolate Covered Strawberries Concoction (strawberry yogurt, fresh strawberries, chocolate chips, strawberry boba, and bite sized brownies). It is so delish! I get the same thing every time because is just that good. Yummy!

Thursday October 25, 2012

We both went to work, but I ended up getting off work a little bit early due to some technical issues. You see, my job completely revolves around this software we use, and when it fails, I have no work. Well, it failed. 

I left work and went to help a friend paint her new house. She picked out these beautiful greens and reds that reminded me of The Wizard of Oz. I only actually got to help paint one room because we ate and talked beforehand, which always takes a while :) and then I had to make sure to get plenty of sleep for the next work day. A sleepy Kelly is a grouchy Kelly. 

Friday October 26, 2012

We had been so busy all week long that neither of us really wanted to do anything, so we didn't. :) We almost went and saw the movie Cloud Atlas, which is based on a book. Hopefully we'll get to see it soon. Here's the trailer in case you haven't seen it already. 



It's six stories in one film, falling in different times from the past, present, and as far future as post-apocalypse. I can't wait to see it, and it is definitely on my To Read list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...